Carrie's Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Vegetables | Home & Garden
We continue our fresh gulf seafood from the Mississippi Sound to create some southern favorites. Chef Carrie Duncan invites us into her kitchen for a healthy recipe, Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Vegetables.
Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Vegetables Recipe (from Eatingwell.com):
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 large red bell peppers, diced
2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound raw shrimp, (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1.Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
2.Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.
NutritionPer serving: 227 calories; 7 g fat ( 1 g sat , 4 g mono ); 174 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 4 g fiber; 514 mg sodium; 670 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (210% daily value), Vitamin A (80% dv), Folate (53% dv), Iron (25% dv).
Top Diamondhead - Kiln Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waveland woman finds refuge from pain by building backyard bird habitats
- Pascasio out as CEO at Hancock Medical Center
- WLOX Editorial: Remember and honor those who died serving our country
- Congressman Taylor honored with Crystal Wings
- Silver Slipper – Employee and Supervisor/Manager of the Month Luncheon
- Weekend Whereabouts: May 24-27
- Fugitives nabbed at daybreak by Pearl River County authorities
- PRCC graduates advised to set goals and keep trying
- Hand grenade found inside truck parked at Poplarville car dealership
- Graduates of the associate degree nursing program at Pearl River Community College receive their pi